Sekiro - Gyoubu Oniwa Boss Guide
・Check out our tips for beginners!
・Learn about the permanent choices in the game!
・Read our battle tips!
A guide on Gyoubu Oniwa in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Boss Fight Video (with Japanese subtitle commentary)
Gyoubu Oniwa Boss Guide
|Number of Deathblow Markers||2|
|Rewards||Memory: Gyoubu Oniwa, Mechanical Barrel|
|Appearance||Ashina Castle - Outskirts|
Gyoubu Oniwa Strategy
Strategy for 1st and 2nd HP Bars
- You will want to stay as close as possible to the enemy, as the boss will have an advantage in a ranged fight.
↑When the ▼Marker appears near the boss, press R2 to close the distance.
- You will have a chance to counter when Gyoubu Oniwa launches his massive attacks. However, the gap between his attacks is rather small, so always be on guard.
↑Attack with a two-handed weapon for big damage.
- You can build the opponent's posture gauge efficiently if you parry each attack. Get a good feel for the enemy's rhythm to make parrying easier.
↑You can stay safe by guarding early. If you guard before the boss attacks, there is little risk of failure.
- If the boss gets too far away, you can throw Shurikens at him, then use Grappling Hook once the green marker appears.
- You need to land two Deathblows to kill Gyoubu Oniwa.
Gyoubu Oniwa Attacks
|Attacks for both 1 and 2 HP Bar|
|The boss throws his spear toward Sekiro and pierces the ground.|
|Gyoubu Oniwa plunges the blade of his spear into the ground while rushing towards Sekiro.|
|Triple Strike||The boss attacks three times. The first two attacks are random. He may perform a sweeping attack, a vertical swing, a scooping strike, or a smash attack. The last strike is a large swing with a wide range.|
|Sweep Strike||A large sweeping strike that raises dust from the ground. He may perform this after Triple Strike|
|Spear Dash||The boss dashes toward Sekiro with the blade of the spear aimed at him. This attack hits multiple times and can be difficult to block or parry.|
|Jump Attack||Gyoubu Oniwa jumps high and strikes vertically.|
|Spear Swing||The boss swings his spear around him using a rope. This extends its attack range even further. Gyoubu Oniwa uses this attack when Sekiro is far away.|