Sekiro - Corrupted Monk Ghost Mini-Boss Guide
・Check out our tips for beginners!
・Learn about the permanent choices in the game!
・Read our battle tips!
A guide on how to defeat Corrupted Monk Ghost in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
Corrupted Monk Ghost
|Number of Deathblow Markers||1|
|Rewards||Memory: Corrupted Monk, Mibu Breathing Technique|
|Appearance||Mibu Village - Ashina Depths|
Strategy for 1st HP Bar
- Despite having a rather slow attack, the Corrupted deals colossal damage. Memorize the pattern of its attacks so you can dodge or parry.
- It can be difficult to fill up the enemy's Posture gauge due to how slowly it attacks. It is best to find an opening instead of parrying its attacks to fill up its gauge.
- Finding an opening, however, can also be hard since it will often move after attacking. Be prepared to block after attacking during an opening.
↑This thrust attack is dangerous. Avoid by jumping sideways.
↑After dodging, an opening for a counterattack will appear.
↑This jumping vertical slash, which starts with the boss spinning mid-air, can be avoided by using a sideways jump.
↑Once you avoid it, there will be an opening for an attack.
↑If the boss jumps and attacks without rotating, you need to block, since it is difficult to avoid.
- Most of its attacks have predictable patterns, so they are easy to memorize. Find openings and keep attacking until its HP reaches zero.
This signals his rotating slash, which hits five times in a row. Try to avoid this attack. It can be dangerous if are hit by at least two slashes. You can also parry this attack to land a Deathblow if the boss has half HP.
↑If the boss does this motion, it is best to block.
↑Even if you block the attack five times, you will have only half of your Posture gauge filled.
- Parrying the Corrupted Monk's attacks will considerably raise your Posture gauge. If your gauge is half-full, recover it by running away from the boss.
↑Recover your Posture gauge by staying far away from the boss.
|The boss thrusts its weapon at Sekiro.|
|The Corrupted Monk sweeps its weapon around. Can be avoided by jumping.|
|Five Rotating Slashes||After lifting the weapon with both hands, the boss spins around five times.|
|Jumping Vertical Slash (Rotating)||The boss jumps and spins mid-air before performing a vertical slash. Can be avoided by side-stepping or jumping sideways.|
|Jumping Vertical Slash||Jumps and slashes downwards. Can be blocked.|
|Shake Off||Shakes its weapon around up to four times. May perform a dangerous attack afterward.|
Latest information on the game updated daily here on our Sekiro Top Page
|Differences from the Souls Series||Unchangeable Elements|
|Game Controls||Basic System Mechanics|
|Walkthrough List||NPC / Events List|