Sekiro - Tokujiro the Glutton Boss Guide
・Check out our tips for beginners!
・Learn about the permanent choices in the game!
・Read our battle tips!
Boss guide for Tokujiro the Drunkard in Sekiro, including boss attack patterns and strategy on defeating it.
Tokujiro the Glutton
|Number of HP Bars||2|
Conditions during the 1st and 2nd HP Bars
- Go up the platform with the grappling hook and perform a Shinobi Deathblow to instantly take out one of Tokujiro's HP gauges.
- You'll need to kill the four monkeys in the area. Three are on the ground just before the boss and one is on the cliff in the boss area.
↑Use a shuriken to kill the monkey on the cliff.
- Tokujiro's attacks are similar to Juzou the Drunkard, though the fight will be a one-on-one battle this time.
- You'll have good opportunities to attack Tokujiro after his double-handed vertical slash, foot stomp, and poison mist. Attack him two times before withdrawing and waiting for another opportunity.
↑Indicates the motion of the vertical slash. You can avoid it by sidestepping, then attacking.
↑Indicates the motion of the slam. You can avoid it by stepping back.
↑Get close to Tokujiro when you see this motion. You can perform a series of attacks on him when he spits his poison mist.
- It is quite risky to parry Tokujiro, so focus on depleting his HP instead.
↑If you reduce Tokujiro's HP to 0, you can instantly perform a Shinobi Deathblow on him.
|Consistent throughout 1st and 2nd HP Bars|
|Grabs the target with his right hand. Does heavy damage. Avoided with a backstep.|
|Swings from right to left. Avoided by jumping.|
|Two-hand Swing||Holds his weapon with both hands, swings it around, and throws it away. Very powerful. Can be used continuously.|
|Poison Mist||The boss drinks from his bottle and blows out a poison mist. Sekiro will be poisoned if inside the cloud. It takes a while for Tokujiro to set the attack up, allowing Sekiro some time to attack.|
|Reverse Slash||Strikes from left to right. Can be followed-up up to three times.|
|Smack to Slash||Attacks with its right hand. Can be connected to a slash.|
|Stomp||Raises his legs up high and stomps the ground. When Tokujiro doesn't raise his leg very high, it will connect into a vertical slash.|
|Poison Enchantment||Sprays poison onto his sword to enchant it with poison.|